C.E.LITTLE PIANO

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

GregL454

C.E.LITTLE PIANO

Post by GregL454 »

I have a C.E.LITTLE piano serial number 31859 which has been in my family for many years. I am hoping to find some information about it, for example year and place of manufacture. My grandfather Charles Lindsell made pianos in the east end of London during and after WW1 and one still survives in my family.
Hoping you can help.
Greg Lindsell
Bill Kibby

Re: C.E.LITTLE PIANO

Post by Bill Kibby »

It is likely that this piano was made in 1924, judging by the following item...

1924 #31071 C.E.Little & Sons final receipt for 1922 piano: Partners E.C. Little, L.A. Little. Head Office & factory; Whitley Road, Bruce Grove, Tottenham, N.17. Telephone Tottenham 2120. Pianoforte Warehouse; 328, Essex Road, N.1. Telephone Clissold 6271. And at 647, High Road, Leytonstone, E.11. 496, Old Kent Road, S.E.1. 116a, West Green Road, Tottenham, N.15. June 21st 1924 1 waln. Pianoforte Iron Frame Check Action etc. No.31071 £63. Settled with thanks June 4th 1927 C.E.Little.

I was more interested in your Lindsell connection. Do you have any further information you could send me? I am told that (unlike the pianos) the factory name was spelt LINSELL, and that the pianos were made by the wholesalers Bansall.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info