Bogart?

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

Arlington
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Bogart?

Post by Arlington »

I was just doing some research into the possible age of a BOGART #33025 50" piano, and stumbled across Bill's web page (pianohistory.info). I found the information there rather interesting and disturbing, all at the same time. Interesting, because it means that I could or should no longer trust the information that I see elsewhere. That seriously concerns me, and for obvious reasons, the most important one being that I am a perfectionist.

Having said all of that, I would really like to know the TRUE age of the aforementioned piano. Can you help me, please? I would be eternally grateful and forever indebted to you.
Bill Kibby

Re: BOGART!!!???

Post by Bill Kibby »

I'm glad you found my pages interesting, but those are the facts, many published dates of serial numbers are wrong or misleading.

We don't see Bogart pianos over here, so all we can do from this side of the ocean is quote the published numbers, with all their possible problems.

It would be interesting to see photos of it, and to know the number.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
Arlington
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Re: BOGART!!!???

Post by Arlington »

Bill Kibby wrote:I'm glad you found my pages interesting, but those are the facts, many published dates of serial numbers are wrong or misleading.

We don't see Bogart pianos over here, so all we can do from this side of the ocean is quote the published numbers, with all their possible problems.

It would be interesting to see photos of it, and to know the number.
Bill, I've already quoted the number, but I'd be also happy to send some pics very soon. Thanks for your help thus far.
Bill Kibby

Re: Bogart?

Post by Bill Kibby »

As you probably know, the number suggests a date around 1926, but I have no way of knowing whether this is reliable.
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info