APG7 piano?

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

KaiparaGirl
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

APG7 piano?

Post by KaiparaGirl »

1934745_10154074735596522_5785848946611278640_n.jpg
Hi,
My Step daughter just got a piano for free. Its in very good condition and we cannot figure out the name o the front of it to try and find out who the manufacturer is. I had a look at it this morning but needed a torch to see inside because its in her dark hallway and I didnt have one on me. Inside I saw the serial as 145046 or 146045 and it has what looked like an embossed logo of some sort on the iron frame. I wil have to go back with a torch but thought Id post a pix up here. Someone may know straight away by the look of it
many thanks
Julie
Gill the Piano

Re: APG7 piano?

Post by Gill the Piano »

It looks very like a Russian piano to me. Are there no labels inside in cyrillic - particularly at the treble (right hand ) end on the inside vertical part of the case? Can you take some pics of the inside?
I play for my own amazement... :piano;
Bill Kibby

Post by Bill Kibby »

Serial numbers are no help without the maker's name, and they are not always helpful even then!

I thought at first it was a modernised old piano with some B&Q decoration stuck on, but it looks more like one of these many modern pianos from the 70s & 80s that tried to mimic an antique style. If you want to search inside it for clues, have a look at

http://www.pianohistory.info/datemarks.html
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
vernon

Post by vernon »

As Bill says, don't think it's modernised----three pedals,88note etc and lid is recessed and not pruned off.The columns aren't the standard modernised sort tho' similar.The pedals appear to be in a satin finish that I have never seen.
Very intriguing. Hope someone recognises it
Our mission in life is to tune customers--not pianos.

Any fool can make a piano-- it needs a tuner to put the music in it

www.lochnesspianos.co.uk
Bill Kibby

Post by Bill Kibby »

opq2-2.jpg
opq2-2.jpg (7.19 KiB) Viewed 7864 times
Yes, strange pedals.

I am not quite convinced that APG7 is not OPQ7 or something! Could we see a closer shot of the markings?
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info