Post by Phrasemaker »

My 12 year old playing a Michael Nyman Piece

https://youtu.be/PJiThpFQZq8
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Big My Secret

Post by chrisw »

Very well played. Inspires me to have another look at Michael Nyman. How is the search for the grand piano going ?
Phrasemaker

Re: Big My Secret

Post by Phrasemaker »

Thank you very much Chris for taking a look at the video and replying, it is appreciated.

We have recently bought a small grand piano. My daughter absolutely needed to be using a real piano over the digital one which to be fair has served us very well.

Due to budget and other constraints we looked around a lot and decided that a good used piano would get us in a position of actually having a suitable instrument in the house. Having taken advice from a very helpful piano tuner/technician we eventually found a lightly played Yamaha A1 in great all round condition.

It has a good action and is very stable tuning wise. Yes, something a little bigger would have a fuller bass. It sounds fine even though we are waiting for it to settle prior to tuning. I don't mind spending a decent amount on this piano to get it playing and sounding better than it did originally in terms of regulation, and replacing any action parts up to and including a hammer upgrade.

It will be kept in tip top order whilst it resides here and we can if we wish part ex at some point when funds allow us to get something a bit larger.

Very happy with this piano, it has already helped improve my daughter's playing and she loves the resonance and all other aspects of playing a real piano whenever she likes.

Kind regards

Tim