Who can teach me to play this song

For sharing your recorded performance of grade exam pieces or repertoire

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Pianist685
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Re: Who can teach me to play this song

Post by Pianist685 »

1. The youtube video you are linking to is 1 hour 47 minutes long. I suppose you mean the first piece, but you should have said that. I wonder if anybody has about 2 hrs time to find out which title you probably mean.

2. Find a piano teacher in your home town. It is almost impossible to teach a person a specific piece over the internet with no personal contact and without seeing what he or she is really doing at the instrument. Well, it might be possible with Skype...

3. The piece could be played by ear by a skilled pianist, but I suppose you would need to have a written score. If such is not available, somebody would have to write such a score from listening which is quite some amount of work. I wonder if anybody in this forum has the time for such a task without getting anything back.

4. The piece is in eb minor, a key signature with six flats. I suppose that is way too difficult for you. Now you might ask for a transposition to e minor with only one sharp, and there we are at a point that causes even more work... Go find some piano teacher near your home.
Michaelcip

Who can teach me to play this song

Post by Michaelcip »

Hi guys,
Im planning to buy a how to play the piano guide. Is it possible to learn how to play the piano by myself through this guide?
Gill the Piano

Re: Who can teach me to play this song

Post by Gill the Piano »

Sorry Michael, only just seen this post. You'd get more response by posting it under a new topic - something like 'Piano tutor book recommendation needed.' Tried to move it but don't have the know-how!
The Complete Piano Player by Kenneth Baker is excellent; songs you know and aimed at an adult teaching themselves. DON'T get it from Amazon as they send a horrid little fat version that won't stay open on the music stand. Get it from your local music shop or musicroom.com, then you get a proper music-sized book.
I play for my own amazement... :piano;