UK Piano Page Piano Forum
Please read the Piano Forum FAQ for more details. Also, read the piano FAQ for common questions on pianos Please don't ask us to place a value on your piano as an on site inspection is required. Contact you local piano tuner who will be more than happy to help.
I got a few year old Yamaha U3 piano. Everything works fine until recently when the music stand is not tucked in the keyboard lid anymore. As a result, when the lid is closed, the stand keep drop off and touch the black keys.
There are 2 small latches holding the music stand to the lid. The right latch has a small metal thing sticking out that should latch on to a hole in the music stand but it is no longer the case. I dont know if that is magnetic broken or something.
Do you know how it can be fixed?
Thanks very much in advance,
- Colin Nicholson
- Executive Poster
- Posts: 1829
- Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 19:15
- Location: Morpeth, Northumberland
1. Order a rubber O ring to fit in hole / glue in with impact adhesive. (Measure tab first)
Here is an example: https://www.modelsport.co.uk/associated ... cts/396471
Rubber O rings are usually used for Radio Controlled vehicles / gearbox or diff shafts / suspension mountings.
2. Heat shrink (wrap). Used to cover and seal 2 pieces of soldered wire.... Maplins sell it. Warm it onto the tab with a hair dryer or lightly touch with soldering iron to shrink it.
The metal tab is located into the hole by friction only/ the tab being slightly larger than the hole for a push-fit.
The parts are not magnetic.
3. Carefully bend the tab off-centre (with protected pliers/ grips).
Never tried any of these methods, but this would be a possible route I would consider.
Just general wear and tear I think. If you use glue, leave overnight first before trying.
Hope that helps
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests