Carl Ecke Piano worth

Ask questions on piano history and the age of your piano.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano, Bill Kibby

anna.z19

Carl Ecke Piano worth

Post by anna.z19 »

Hi, I am wondering what the value of my Carl Ecke piano would be. Two numbers appear inside, 23002 and 6545, which I have been told previously means that the piano dates from around 1866-1867. It is in good shape, but has not been tuned for about 7-8 years as it did not need tuning whilst it was being played, only recently when it has not been played regularly. It has come from Johannesburg originally and the keys are ivory. I would appreciate any insight.Thank you!
Feg

Re: Carl Ecke Piano worth

Post by Feg »

Hi, Anna

As it says in the blue banner at the top of this page, we are unable to place a value on your piano as an on site inspection is required. Valuations are based on the condition of the instrument and market forces where you live and we cannot assess that on this forum.

Your best option is to contact your local piano tuner and ask them for a proper inspection and valuation.
Bill Kibby

Post by Bill Kibby »

I love the concept that a piano will not go out of tune if you play it!
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info
NewAge
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by NewAge »

If your piano has not been tuned for about 7-8 years (whether it has been regularly played or not), it certainly needs it!
I would also bet that the piano would benefit from a good regulation.

I recall on another forum that a gentleman said his acoustic piano had not been tuned in over 20 years, as it just didn't need it, and swore it was in perfect tune!! I followed up with the comment, could he please tell us from where he purchased his ear trumpet. Needless to say I never had a reply.
I was playing the piano in a zoo, when the elephant burst into tears. I said, "Don't you recognize the tune?" He replied, "No, I recognize the ivories!"
Michaelcip

Carl Ecke Piano worth

Post by Michaelcip »

Thank you for the reply.

Im looking to buy this piano and its price is ВЈ350.
Im not sure if this is a bit ott. But I guess its worth what someone is willing to pay.
Bill Kibby

Post by Bill Kibby »

I have no idea what BJ350 means!
Piano History Centre
http://pianohistory.info
Email via my website.
If you find old references or links on this site to pianogen.org, they should refer to pianohistory.info