Bedford Teacher? - Adult Student

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

JaySee

Bedford Teacher? - Adult Student

Post by JaySee »

Hi

I'm an adult student (or hope to be :) ) and I'm looking for a teacher in the Bedford Area. My postcode is MK43 and I don't mind travelling up to 30 mins drive for lessons.

I took and passed (just) my Grade 5 (ABRSM) back in 1981 ( I had lost interest as a stroppy 16 year old and was just taking it for my music O level) and what I want to do now is take Grade 5 again along with the Theory exam then progress through grades 6,7,and 8

I've continued to play all my life and I play most days and now I want to finish, what I consider, unfinished business from my youth i.e. finish my Grades.

Are there any teachers on here that fit the bill? Please PM me.
Gill the Piano

Re: Bedford Teacher? - Adult Student

Post by Gill the Piano »

There are 9 listed for Bedfordshire and one in the Buckinghamshire section for Milton Keynes in the list of teachers attached to this site; look to the left under Quick Links, and you'll see Piano Teachers listed. Go to Bedfordshire section (and Bucks). As to teachers who take adults, you would need to approach the teachers and ask. Alternatively if you have a local music shop, they are usually knowledgeable on local teachers and may be able to advise you. EPTA (European Piano Teachers Association) have lists of teachers, as do the ISM (Incorporated Society of Musicians).
I play for my own amazement... :piano;
JaySee

Re: Bedford Teacher? - Adult Student

Post by JaySee »

Thanks Gill - will have a look