Swamped with Spammers

This section is for posting known scams / Fraud on the "piano for sale". Do Not post pianos for sale here.

Moderator: Feg

Forum rules
This section is for posting known scams been tried on the "pianos for sale". Do Not post pianos for sale here.

Post the entire email so others can see. Including the IP address as well as the Email address which will be in the email you receive from the scammer but Don't put your email address in there

To post here you must be registered your login for the second-hand pianos will not work on this forum If you wish to register Click on "Register" in the top right hand corner of this page just below the search box,
Pianogirl

Swamped with Spammers

Post by Pianogirl » 03 Nov 2011, 22:16

Has anyone actually managed to sell a piano to a real person???? I am close to giving up after today receiving a fake cheque for £2000 when I asked for £500.......It's from an estate agent in London, apparently, so we rang them and they are getting several phone calls from people because they have had similar cheques. Mine was posted with a Greek stamp on it.....apparently the police aren't interested.

Very annoying! I just want to sell my piano!

Rant over :-)

markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Swamped with Spammers

Post by markymark » 04 Nov 2011, 02:40

Did you try to advertise it through this site?

You should look through the "Internet Scams Fraud" forum. A sure sign that the offer is bogus is when they try to send a check for more than the asking price, asking you to send the change in the form of a cheque from your account or to be wired to a particular bank account.

DO NOT HONOUR SUCH ARRANGEMENTS!

It's a sure sign of a an individual (granted rarely from within UK) intending to defraud!