KORG microPIANO - 5 kg Grand Piano

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: KORG microPIANO - 5 kg Grand Piano

Post by markymark »

I think Korg have finally lost the plot and given up!

Korg make some of the best workstations going but, to me, have failed to make a lasting impression with their stage piano range. This is just too "gimmicky" for one of the "big boys" in keyboard musical instruments.

It doesn't even sound good! Have I missed something here? :?
didgeridoo
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by didgeridoo »

Yeah, I'm too confused with the sound. It's not what I was expecting: it sounds like a toy piano and certainly marketologists never heard a bold, smooth grand piano sound they're talking about.

As for their stage pianos, KORG SV-1 sounds completely OK for me - if I had a chance to find one somewhere near, I would probably never be tired with playing.
rvelas

Post by rvelas »

you are right. it is so gimmicky. how would they market that? i would not talk about its sound.
NewAge
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by NewAge »

I agree it does seem rather gimmicky. But in the YouTube clip it wasn't given the best of demos. This next clip gives a slightly better appreciation of the instrument, and it's instability - you could say it really 'rocks'. The last voice that was demo'ed sounds interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRf7uXo_Qr0

Would I want one? Nope. But I guess Korg realise there is a market there, however small.
I was playing the piano in a zoo, when the elephant burst into tears. I said, "Don't you recognize the tune?" He replied, "No, I recognize the ivories!"
ricaluanna

Post by ricaluanna »

I love KORG. It's the best piano ever!:D