Kurzweil Mark Pro One OR Yamaha YDP-141

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

mirosaki

Kurzweil Mark Pro One OR Yamaha YDP-141

Post by mirosaki »

I am going to buy one of the mentioned pianos.
I would be glad if you could give me any pros and cons to help me decide on which one to buy. The price is not important.
The piano is for a girl of 10 who already plays at music school and wants to change her old piano.
Thank you.
MarkGoodwinPianos
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Kurzweil Mark Pro One OR Yamaha YDP-141

Post by MarkGoodwinPianos »

Have you been to play both of these models yet?
That's going to be your first step.

Ignore the specs for now, just go and play them and see if you fall in love!
:)
Yamaha Pianos for sale (usually 50+ in stock)
email markgoodwinpianos@gmail.com with any Yamaha, Kawai, Bechstein or Steinway questions :)
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Kurzweil Mark Pro One OR Yamaha YDP-141

Post by markymark »

You would need to play both pianos to hear which one sounds most appealing. I own a Kurzweil PC3X and a Yamaha CP33. They are not the models you are looking for but their keyboard actions and sounds are basically the same as what would be in the respective models you mention.

One major different is the keyboard action. Kurzweil use a keyboard action which they call a "balanced hammer action". It is weighted but unlike the Yamaha models, does not have a progressive hammer action where lower notes are heavier and higher pitched notes are lighter. For someone learning the piano, this may well be the most important consideration.

By all means, try to play them, but I suspect that the type of hammer action used will be a feature in your final decision.