Casio Celviano AP 60R has no sound!

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

junenrom

Casio Celviano AP 60R has no sound!

Post by junenrom »

Hi all,
I'm desperately hoping someone can help me here, Ive just acquired this gorgeous looking digital piano and when plugged in and power button is on, the display all lights up, the lights all work but the keys are as dead as a do-do!
Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?
I really hope it can be fixed?
Please help.
June.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Casio Celviano AP 60R has no sound!

Post by markymark »

Is it brand new or second hand?

If it is the former, then get on the blower to whoever sold it to you and arrange for an uplift and exchange. Getting it fixed or how to fix it then won't be your responsibility as it will still be under guarantee or warranty.

Otherwise, it may be a loose connection somewhere.
junenrom

Post by junenrom »

Thanks for the reply,
No, its not new, its second hand and was actually given to me by someone who said it was working fine until the last time she went to play it and got no sound, she presumed it was the on board lithium battery that needed changing,but a friend of mine who is an electrician checked the battery and said its fine, and pointed out to me the battery is only there to record data not actually work the keys!, so he also presumed it was a loose connection, I'm trying now to get hold of a repair manual for this model, so fingers crossed.
Thanks again,
Regards,
June.
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

If you let me know where you are, I might be able to PM you the details of one or two freelance repairers in your area who might be able to help. (many manufacturers are reluctant to release service manuals to the general public)
athomik

Adrian Thomas Music Services
http://www.adrianthomas.net
junenrom

Post by junenrom »

Hi,Thanks Adrian,
I would appreciate that, we are in Bournville, Birmingham.
I did manage to locate a service manual for this particular Piano on the internet and paid for the download, Ive had a word with someone I know who looks after the repairs of my partners Saxophone and he knows about digital piano's, so keeping my fingers crossed we may be getting somewhere.
I will be sure to let the board know the outcome of this.
Thanks for your reply,
Kind regards,
June.