Keyboard Stand

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Keyboard Stand

Post by joseph »

Last night I was playing my CP-300 (my new toy) and I was using a Kinsman double braced stand, bought from a shop in Glasgow. I'd specifically said that I have a CP-300 and needed a stand for it, and the lovely man in the shop sold me this one.

That was in june. Last night the stand collapsed while I was playing it. One of the legs have buckled, the keyboard dropped onto the floor and I ended up on the floor from automatically trying to save it. So the stand is F-*ked, I went :oops: over tit and bruised my arm but the piano is unscathed. Go yamaha! It has a bit of a knock out of the chipboard panel on the base but that is easily sorted.

ANYWAY - PLEASE make sure you buy the right stand. DONT BE FOBBED OFF BY THE RETAILER! I'm now going to order the LP-3 stand and hope that I don't have a similar accident....

Still amazed that the piano is fine...
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Keyboard Stand

Post by markymark »

That looks like one of those awful stands that you have to insert a shallow pog into a hole to adjust the height? Am I right?

I have used a double braced stand but mine has two gear-like mechanisms than interlock to that the stand will not come apart or collapse. I would go back to the retailer and claim off him for a new keyboard, Joseph! Show him the bruise on your arm and he'll be putty in your hands! Seriously tho'! I would get it all replaced!
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Re: Keyboard Stand

Post by joseph »

Yes and I have discovered what happened. The little metal plug thingy came out of the little hole thingy and down came the cradle, baby and all. I want to kill the salesperson at that certain music shop in Jamaica street in Glasgow that can't be named for legal reasons, for fobbing me off with that piece of crap.

Actually the shop can't be named because I've forgotten the name of it to be honest, coz it changed its name. I don't think the keyboard needs replaced because it works fine and I can't be arsed driving to Glasgow with it all, although you may have a point.....