Learning software for midi keyboard

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

briglass

Learning software for midi keyboard

Post by briglass »

Hello,

I am looking for software that will allow me to open a midi file and then show the piano key positions VERY slowly so that I can practice along on my midi keyboard. A bonus would be that it would only advance to the next note or chord once I have gotten it correct. I don't mind paying a small amount for the software, so it doesn't have to be freeware.

Again, I would need to be able to specify my own midi file of choice, so that I can practice that particular one. I know it is not the best way to learn the piano in general, but I only want to learn this one song.

Thanks
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Learning software for midi keyboard

Post by markymark »

vanBasco's Karaoke Player is good for this.

You can adjust tempo and key very easily.

See this link:

http://www.vanbasco.com
ricsdix

Post by ricsdix »

You are looking for a software that will allow to open a midi file for Learning software for midi keyboard? How is that??

Post by flandos »

Hello,

I just found a software that does exactly what you are looking for: Software name is Karakeyoke.
It can play MID and KAR files, connected thru MIDI interface to a keyboard. And you can see the Notation and it waits for you to hit the exact key on the keyboard.
You can also control the speed and go very slowly.
I have a Cassio Keyboar LK-94 and the software also flashs the key you have to hit.
It is perfect !
Regards.

Flandos