For sharing your recorded performance of grade exam pieces or repertoire

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

StuartAU
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Greensleeves improvisation

Post by StuartAU »

Hi All,

Oh and this is something i have taught myself to play by ear, no score so doubt its even in the right key ;)
Greensleeves (my version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dyU5xwGQ6o
NewAge
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Greensleeves improvisation

Post by NewAge »

Hi,
Pretty good result considering your comments. :piano;
Incidentally, are those cigarette burns on the treble keys, or finger guide stickers? :?
Regards
I was playing the piano in a zoo, when the elephant burst into tears. I said, "Don't you recognize the tune?" He replied, "No, I recognize the ivories!"
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

It sounds very good!

Do you find it easier to improvise or to read from music?
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

Thats great work Stuart! :) Keep it up, you seem to have a natural ability for playing by ear. I look forward to any more improvs or 'remixes' of pieces you do!

I would love to put some of my improvs on here but I have a digtial piano and the recordings sound very souless on them I think. I'm waiting to buy an upright and some recording stuff then I will upload! don't know how long I need to wait though. :(
StuartAU
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by StuartAU »

thanks guys, sorry, i try to make a point of ticking the "let me know when you receive a response email" but obviously forgot to tick it and forgot i posted it so never checked back :)

I appreciate the comments and it gives me a lot mroe incentive to cont...

Marky, as my teacher says, i am an ear player and have seriously got stuck inthe habit as i have played since 16 that way. I so want to read and play well enough to play grade 3 music with 1 minute practice but i can read and play it at like 30 speed LOL,
I even got a piano score tatooed on my arm, i then found out that the notes dont even add up to 4/4 LMAO as in common time, i have a set of triplets & a crotchet rest adding to 2½ beats in a 4/4 bar LMAO.. might ask you give me an idea as what to notes to add to it!

Need to sort it soon ;)

thanks

stu