help with The Secrets to Playing Piano by Ear

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

wesleyel

help with The Secrets to Playing Piano by Ear

Post by wesleyel »

plsi need help on how to play by ear, am in a financial mess right now has i have spent alot of money buying books online but its notwat i want. can some body help me with The Secrets to Playing Piano by Ear. plssssssssssssssssssss
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

You got no vowels on your pooter, Wes? :)
Playing by eare is a difficult one; I reckon you've either got it or you ain't - I ain't. When I worked in a music shop, hundreds of years ago, there was a book called 'How To Play the Piano by Ear'. It may still be around - try your library...it's FREE! Also find out which of your mates can play the piano and ask them to give you a few pointers...
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

What specifically do you need help with?

Playing by ear is a hard topic because it requires playing using chord patterns, much like a guitar player would do. Do you have any concept of chords? Being able to read the right hand music, even if it is only single notes will be useful.

What songs are you learning?
wesleyel

Post by wesleyel »

i dont know d theories dat much, but i do play along to a song using d cmaj, f and g. u know dat kind of stuff but iwant to be able 2 play more chords n produce more sweet sounds. please if u've got any books on chords n there use, dont hesitate to help me wit it. my box is wesleyel@yahoo.com
wesleyel

Post by wesleyel »

am not in uk at the moment, but i was hoping some1 at least will help me wit d pdf version of the secret of playing piano by ear by jamaine griggs or any other author.
Droo
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Re: help with The Secrets to Playing Piano by Ear

Post by Droo »

was this guy for real?
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Jemaine Grigg's site is actually really well supported with its own forum and groups. Jermaine is also usually pretty ready to offer advice so he shouldn't really need help here....
xnapoleonx

Post by xnapoleonx »

I made a blogpost about it guiding you through the basics, not so long ago.
I've included a link to a (free) website I use myself at which you can start learning from your own level. (trainear)

http://tutorialpiano.blogspot.com/2009/ ... y-ear.html
Piano resources for beginners by a beginner.
http://tutorialpiano.blogspot.com/