General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

kitara
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Yamaha CLP-280 PE

Post by kitara »

Hi there,

I have seen a 3 year old CLP-280 PE advertised for £1300 and wondered if anyone could advise me
if this is a decent price etc?? What price would this have been when it was new? I have read a few good reviews from people who bought them and all were pleased with their purchase.

Would I be better spending more and getting a Yamaha CVP-501 even though I would probably never work out how to use all of the functions, I just like it cosmetically?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kitara
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Yamaha CLP-280 PE

Post by markymark »

Most prices for a brand new CLP-280PE would have been over £3000. Brand new today, they are still expensive despite having been "technically" succeeded by the CLP380. I say technically because in practice, the CLP380 did not carry through some features that were previously available on the CLP280.

The keyboard action is natural wood and it has the top of the range piano samples.

The CVP501 is the bottom rung on a very sophisticated versatile range of digital pianos which will have more features than you would ever use if your primary purpose is playing piano. The piano sound sample on the CVP501 would not be as good as that on the CLP280PE which sat at the top of the CLP2XX range.

Provided that everything is in good physical and cosmetic order, I think the price seems fair enough. Have you played the instrument or at least ruled out from the owner that anything is wrong or faulty with the instrument?
kitara
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Re: Yamaha CLP-280 PE

Post by kitara »

Thank you so much for your help and advice, I have replied via PM.

:D