"Thomann Pianos" Angel or Demon?

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

sarasa

"Thomann Pianos" Angel or Demon?

Post by sarasa »

Hi all!

I'm just starting in the piano world and I have been reading about digital pianos since 1 week ago. Finally, I have found this great forum from where I think that I learning a lot.

I'm in Europe and I want to buy my own piano and my budget is tight. So, I'm thinking about buying a Thomann piano but apparently the people is scare about them because they are made in China. I couldn't find any descriptions of any model of a Thomann digital piano from someone who has tried it.

So, I'm looking for stories about these pianos, any model, opinions, etc. I learned that Thomann doesn't make these pianos , but I also learned that they are a really prestigious company in Europe, and probably they don't want to put their brand in any product.

I hope you can help me giving me different opinions about this. In particular, it would be great to hear from someone who has one of this pianos.

Thanks a lot in advance!

PD: I also saw the same thing with Gear4Music pianos...If there is someone who has one of these I would like to hear his/her experience too.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: "Thomann Pianos" Angel or Demon?

Post by markymark »

I was trying to find a thread here where someone did buy a Thomann digital piano and who was very disappointed - something to do with key and speaker noise. I'm not sure if the country of origin is really the problem here - these keyboards are cheap and sound the same when placed beside a Yamaha or any of the other established digital piano manufacturers.

In my experience, with digital equipment, you usually get what you pay for. What is your budget and perhaps I can steer you in another direction?
sarasa

Post by sarasa »

I had started in 100....before understand the differences between a keyword and a digital piano....So, you can realize how much novice I am...

Now I am thinking about 400 euros, which for me is a reaaaaally lot of money. But if people who has something of this price say that I will get something that will compromise my learning process...I will have to think about it.

What do you think?
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Right..... well the only other one that I can think of that would fit within your 400 Euro budget would be a Yamaha NP30. This model has a 76 semi-weighted, graded keyboard action which is probably better than what the Thomann model will offer you plus of course it will sound so much better.

You could of course keep an eye on the secondhand market and look out for P-140, P-85 from Yamaha or even the now redundant PX-120 from Casio.

If you want to buy brand new however, the Yamaha NP30 is probably your best option - at a compromise.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

You could also put a post in the Digital Pianos Wanted forum.

Someone looking to sell may spot it and make contact with you. Wouldn't hurt to try.
billbrass

Post by billbrass »

Keep away from Thomann pianos total rubbish bought one,broke within days sent it back to Germany ,Thomman said there was nothing wrong with the piano only got back part of price finished up out of pocket