Advice Needed To Buy A Digital Piano

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

PersianPianoMan

Advice Needed To Buy A Digital Piano

Post by PersianPianoMan »

Hello,
in coming week i go to buy a didgital piano to start learning piano.
i have looked on internet for a good model but it's hard to pick one.
Here (Iran) we don't have much choices, Because our GOVERNMENT do too much taxes on instruments and low price instruments will be expensive. and we can't buy online easily because many online stores do not postage to iran and they not accept money from iran.

But i have some choices:

Yamaha P140 (from $1050 to $1400)
Korg SP250 (from $1100 to $1500)
Casio PX-720 ($900 [only one store])

i can pay ($1100 max) for digital piano and i like buy one which i'll not be regretful paying money for it (it's my one year saving).

i need good hammer action (without key noises), good main grand piano sound (and good e-pianos) and easy midi connection to composer programs (Cubase, FL Studio, MakeMusic Finale 2009).

thanks for your advice and sorry for my bad english.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Advice Needed To Buy A Digital Piano

Post by markymark »

PersianPianoMan wrote:i need good hammer action (without key noises), good main grand piano sound (and good e-pianos) and easy midi connection to composer programs (Cubase, FL Studio, MakeMusic Finale 2009).
Virtually all, if not ALL, keyboards come with MIDI as standard. Whether or not they have USB is a different issue. The last part of your message, for me, rules out the Korg and the Casio. I have read and heard complaints on this forum and others about key noise developing from some Casios. I'm not very experienced with Casios because I don't like the sound of them. The Korg action is slightly better but hammer action is not as convincing as the GHE on the Yamaha. But that's what I think.