Best digital stage piano for £500-600

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

adamsword

Best digital stage piano for £500-600

Post by adamsword »

Hello

Please could I have some advice for the best digital stage piano out there for £500-600.

Thanks

Adam
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Best digital stage piano for £500-600

Post by markymark »

The ones you mentioned on the other thread (P140, P85 and YDP14) are worth looking at. The touch will probably suit you but listen to the sound. Some people find them to be a little sharply voiced but see what you think.

Consider also some of the Casios in the PX range. Personally they are not my cup of tea but Casios seem to be making a bit of a come back (although they have far to go to catch up with the other brands) and may be easier to find than has been of late. Have a look through some of the recent posts for mention of Casios. There have been quite a lot of people posting and expressing interest in them, particularly if you are working within the £500-600 budget.
ukpianos
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Re: Best digital stage piano for £500-600

Post by ukpianos »

With a budget of less than £600 then the Yamaha P85 would be the only choice. Would definitely not consider a Casio until they can improve the sound and touch. There are a few downsides to the Yamaha though. I've received many comments (and I've tested myself) that the underside of the piano is rounded rather than flat. The piano slides around on the keyboard stand and makes it very unstable.
On the upside, the sound quality is good, and the touch is also OK.
Graham Howard, author of The Digital Piano Buyer's Guide (http://www.ukpianos.co.uk/7-things-you- ... piano.html) and Piano Advisor for www.ukpianos.co.uk - The place to go for piano reviews, questions, advice and lessons.