Roland FP-8

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

Irone

Roland FP-8

Post by Irone »

Back in 1993 when we lived in a one bed flat in London we purchased a then brand new model 88 key dgital piano. It was and still is very good with a great feel and sound.

We have since moved to Wiltshire and some of the extra space is now filled with an upright piano. That has been the case since 1994. So for the last 14 years it has had very little use but is in excellent condition with no faults.

We now want this extra space back for sons passion for a real full drum set.

So will we be able to sell the FP8 ? What is it worth ? I cannot find any for sale. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places. Suggestions or even better links welcome.

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Roland FP-8

Post by markymark »

I think I vaguely remember one of those...

Do you know what you paid for it brand new? Would it have been around £1000?

Usually secondhand digital pianos will fall to around £150-500, depending on its age and features within the context of the current market. The FP-8 was a good digital piano back then, but so much has changed since it was released in terms of keyboard action and even voice quality.

You can certainly try selling it - there is always someone who could use it for MIDI or use with their music software and who doesn't want to spend a fortune.

Keep an eye on the PIANOS WANTED forum and even here for folks wanting something cheap and simple to use. Otherwise, consider advertising on Ebay or your local newspaper. I've talked a couple of guys through pricing and some even made more than they thought they would using Ebay.
Irone

Post by Irone »

Mark

Thanks for the reply

I think we paid around 1400 for it.

If anyone anyone is interested in this 88 key electronic piano for £700 please email me at FP8 at irone dot co dotuk

It is very heavy so collection will be required. Could deliver for cost of fuel. I am next to J17 on the M4.

Thanks

Andrew
Last edited by Irone on 15 Feb 2009, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

Keep an eye also on the "PIANOS WANTED" forum for people looking for a secondhand instrument.

Don't advertise your keyboard on the "PIANOS WANTED" forum otherwise it'll be deleted!

However, consider advertising your keyboard on the used pianos page - it's free!

http://www.piano-tuners.org/used-pianos ... /index.php
Irone

Post by Irone »

Thanks Mark
Irone

Post by Irone »

NOW SOLD
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

bradychris1 wrote:which piano did you sell ? what was special in that, let me know more details about it ?
Huh? :?
tomtomstudio

Post by tomtomstudio »

I tried to attach Roland FP-8 .midnam that I've made...
wel, if you want it, please ask