Yamaha ARIUS

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Yamaha ARIUS

Post by joseph »

HAving been completely out of the digital piano loop as it were, I was pleasantly surprised when I played a Yamaha ARIUS piano. I used to have a Roland Digital Piano, HP-330e which I sold a couple of years ago. The ARIUS felt virtually the same, possibly slightly better in many respects, and sounded better. The fact it is only 500 quid is also quite good.

It has made me want to try the high end Clavinovas like the CLP380.

(still prefer the grands though ;-) )
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Yamaha ARIUS

Post by markymark »

The YDP140 only has the entry level GHS keyboard installed and the YDP160 has the better, mid-range GH keyboard installed. The CLP380 on the other hand has Yamaha's most authentic Natural Wood (NW) action installed. This is Yamaha's best hammer action, piano action keyboard to date.

They are very good. If you like some other glitzy features you should also have a look at the CVP top-of-the-range digital - CVP409 I think?

I wanted to get back to the music store to upgrade my knowledge of the current models and equipment out their at the moment but didn't get time during the Christmas school holidays! :(

One thing I did hear from someone on the forum was that the CLP340 sounded muffled but I'd be surprised if the CLP380 had the same problem. As I said, I want to get back to a store and try that out for myself.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Yamaha ARIUS

Post by markymark »

joseph wrote: I still haven't tried a 380 although I'm intrigued. I'm scared I might buy one and just play with the sequencer all day instead of practising....
Please do!!!

Maybe then you could help me advise some of the others who post on this forum!! :lol: