Clavinova CLP 320-330 OR YDP140

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

Patrino

Clavinova CLP 320-330 OR YDP140

Post by Patrino »

Hi All,

I need a Digital Piano to last me a good while, my short list is the Clavinova 320 or 330 (is it really worth the extra £300!)

The way cheaper YDP140,
OR
the Diginova Concerto that know one i know has heard of : http://www.headingley-pianos.co.uk/diginovas.html
I can get this for £450. But if you guys think its not woth £4.50 then ill reconsider.

Any opinions on the above world be great.
Thanks[/url]
CARPE DIEM
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

According to what I've heard about Diginova, they are manufactured in China. They are similar in style and quality to that of the older fashioned Roland digital pianos - which weren't great!

The YDP140 is becoming a very popular model. Bear in mind that this is still around the entry level but very respectable as an entry model. Having said that, this model does have a hammer action keyboard but it is the entry level GHS version. The YDP160 and CLP320 would have several similarities in terms of keyboard and sound quality. The CLP330 pushes the level of sound quality and piano hammer action. It uses the GH3 Hammer action keyboard which is top of the range in current Yamaha models. The highest level of hammer action in Yamaha at the moment would be the NW action, only used on the highest spec keyboards.
Patrino

Post by Patrino »

markymark wrote:According to what I've heard about Diginova, they are manufactured in China. They are similar in style and quality to that of the older fashioned Roland digital pianos - which weren't great!

The YDP140 is becoming a very popular model. Bear in mind that this is still around the entry level but very respectable as an entry model. Having said that, this model does have a hammer action keyboard but it is the entry level GHS version. The YDP160 and CLP320 would have several similarities in terms of keyboard and sound quality. The CLP330 pushes the level of sound quality and piano hammer action. It uses the GH3 Hammer action keyboard which is top of the range in current Yamaha models. The highest level of hammer action in Yamaha at the moment would be the NW action, only used on the highest spec keyboards.
Thanks for the help!
My wallet is telling me to go with the the YDP160. But my heart sais "buy the CLP330". :shock:

I think its probably best to go with the 330 in the long run considering its got to last me until the end of time . lol

Thanks again
CARPE DIEM
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

If you are intending to keep the instrument for a while, then I'd avoid the entry level CLP320. The CLP330 would give you more satisfaction touch and sound-wise.