CLP 320 or CLP 330 Is the 330 worth the extra 250 quid?

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

gpratley
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

CLP 320 or CLP 330 Is the 330 worth the extra 250 quid?

Post by gpratley »

Hi all,

I'm a grade player looking to buy a digital piano. I liked the look of the CLP 220 but this has been replaced with the 320. But for an extra 250 quid I can get a CLP 330 which claims to have a better keyboard. Would someone of my ability notice the difference?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Graham
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

As you say, the CLP330 will have a GH3 graded hammer action keyboard (see this link for comparison of terms: http://www.uk-piano.org/piano-forums/vi ... php?t=6074). As to whether or not someone of your ability would notice, that really depends on how able you are.... :wink:

How long have you been playing? Someone around Grade 5/6 would be starting to need a responsive keyboard for their examinations and basic musical development if nothing else. People around that level should start to notice. Post Grade 7 would definitely appreciate the difference between the two actions.

Besides this, you also get a few extra voices on the CLP330. I'd go with this because you find that the CLPX20 model tends to be entry level and skimps on some of the good stuff compared to its bigger brothers in order to make it more affordable to the consumer.
steve-b
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by steve-b »

The graded hammer action is an excellent feature, but as markymark says, you might not notice it that much! If you buy the cheaper one now you might regret it later as your playing gets better.
RICH87

Post by RICH87 »

if you can stretch to the higher spec then it is worth the extra pennies, i recently bought a clp240 over a clp220 as i didn,t want to upgrade and "pay again" as it were, as my daughter progressed through the grades. the 240 also had the usb facility not present on the 230, not sure if this is still the case on the 300 series. many people i spoke to before purchasing didn,t think that the 220 was worth the money saved on a 230 or 240. if you don,t mind having a 200 series, normans in burton are selling a clp240 for 9pounds more than a clp330, maybe worth a thought