clp170 to clp380 upgrade help

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

wilton
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

clp170 to clp380 upgrade help

Post by wilton »

I bought a clp170 in 2005 and think its great, however rumours about the clp380 and how wonderful its likely to be have given me upgrade fever. Should I consider upgrading, will the be any real benefit, or should I wait for the fever to subside and reconsider in a few years time.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

As I mentioned in another post, the CLP380 is upgrading dynamic sampling while including the GH3 keyboard.

The CLP170 is already inferior to the current CLP270 in terms of keyoard response and piano sound quaility. The real contest will be between the CLP280 and the CLP380. Keyboard response - as far as I know so far - is identical if not very similar at the least, but where the CLP280 has 3 layer dynamic sampling, the CLP380 will have 5 layers of dynamic sampling. Basically, it will be more expressive and realistic to the ear.

No doubt, the CLP380 will be 'better' and will push the limits on consumer cost after its first release, so it leaves you to decide which is the best model for what you can afford. A quick quote online is showing prices above 3000GBP, with the polyester model almost reaching 3500GBP!