[POLL] Which is the best brand Digital Piano?

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

Which do you think is the best brand?

Casio
4%
Classenti
6%
Gem
No votes
Kawai
13%
Korg
6%
Kurzweil
No votes
M-Audio
No votes
Roland
9%
Suzuki
2%
Yamaha
60%

Total votes: 53

markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

[POLL] Which is the best brand Digital Piano?

Post by markymark »

Which is the best brand?

Lots of people post on this forum to ask which manufacturer or brand should they start looking at when thinking about buying a digital piano. To help give readers or members a starting point, I thought it might be interesting to run a poll to get a general opinion about what is subjectively referred to as "the best digital piano/stage piano brand" based on forum members' personal experiences of past or current digital instruments. As is often stated on this forum, the "best digital piano" depends enormously on the individual. Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but beauty, as far as digital pianos go, is in the eye of the buyer!

Before stating your preference, consider the following points:

> General ease of use
> Reliability
> Sound quality
> Keyboard response
> Additional features (such as MIDI, USB, recording, etc.)
> Customer service and support (if any)

Again, we are stating a personal preference based on our experiences of any of the above mentioned manufacturers for the benefit of current and future members who may be thinking about buying digital. Readers and visitors to the forum should read this poll with a certain degree of open-mindedness as the poll will show the collective views and opinions of owners or users of the above-mentioned names.

Only YOU can decide the best digital piano or stage piano for YOU, but this may give you a good starting point! :D

Marky
salhford

Re: [POLL] Which is the best brand Digital Piano?

Post by salhford »

I like Suzuki digital piano but for use, Yamaha is the best Digital Piano. I like Disklavier Grand Pianos DGC1B because Highest quality standards. Compact digital grands for your playing and listening enjoyment and available in polished ebony, polished Mahogany, polished american walnut and satin ebony .
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

salhford wrote:... Yamaha is the best Digital Piano.
I agree completely!
clavinovaking

Post by clavinovaking »

most certainly. Yamaha Clavinova CLP models all the way! Not so keen on the appearance of newer ones, but I understand their functionality is the usual Yamaha 500%!

I'd definitely avoid getting another GEM 'RealPiano'... the one I have had experience of is a rather poor quality machine. Looks alright, but for example sometimes the damper pedal doesn't actually work.... A yamaha would never do that!!! (or at least, from what I've seen)
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

Yamaha are the most consistent and have the best keyboard actions throughout their range. However, I've been quite impressed with some of the new Rolands so I'll keep a look out. I have a Yamaha and I wont upgrade because I don't use it very much so there is no point.
harpinche

Post by harpinche »

I was going to say any Yamaha with weighted keys and foot pedals could be considered the best brand of digital piano. Yamaha always provide great sound and usually pretty great variety for what kind of music you're looking to play. I know that much, at least.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Yamaha reliability is excellent. In contrast, Kawai quality and reliability suffers badly.

The Roland SN sound engine is better than what Yamaha has. Much better.

Kawai keyboard action is king, better than the others.

So take your pick. Yamaha for reliability. Roland for sound. Kawai for the action. Personally ... I use a Yamaha (CLP-240) with a PC-based piano library and external sound system. Best reliability. Decent action. And better sound than any digital piano.
melodygriffin

Post by melodygriffin »

Interesting
kingston2013

Post by kingston2013 »

Yamaha is a one of the the best brands that manufacture digital pianos. But it's difficult to decide which one is the best. There are many aspects that must be taken into account. In the last years brands such as Casio have balanced the competition in the digital piano industry on multiple price ranges.
Lauren295
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Lauren295 »

I agree with kingston2013. Yamaha has always been my great when it comes to digital piano. So, I prefer Yamaha.:)
latch

Post by latch »

This poll is fascinating. I'm shopping for a digital piano and have noticed just how much brand loyalty plays a role. No love for Casio here, huh? ;)
CindyBraver

Post by CindyBraver »

I think Yamaha DGX650B Digital Piano is one of the best digital piano on the market . You can easily connect your music device to this piano with the use of the auxiliary input port and the sound will come out of the digital piano’s speakers. This is great for when you want to play along to a pre-recorded track at the same volume as the piano.

You can enjoy the unrivalled performance as this digital piano offers 128-note polyphony. This offers enough power for the sound not to cut out, even when you are playing with two hands and laying multiple voices over one another.

An acoustic piano would give a heavier touch for the lower notes and for the higher notes, you’ll need a lighter touch. This digital piano is very similar to an acoustic in that respect as it is the same case for the Yamaha DGX650B Digital Piano.
MathewCox

Post by MathewCox »

For me, the best ones are Casio and Roland
Mooger
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Mooger »

Just bought a Kawai NV5s and can’t fault it really