Yamaha YDP 151

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

Kathryn

Yamaha YDP 151

Post by Kathryn »

Hello,

I am interested in buying a yamaha YDP 151 digital piano. I was just wondering if anyone knows of a good website to buy this from in the UK.

Many thanks,
Kathryn
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

The YDP151 is an imported and now discontinued model. Any you get will be reduced significantly from their original rrp. Have you played one before. If not, I'd seriously recommend that you do before trying to buy online for example.

Do a search in Google. Tried myself and found a few websites comming up with reductions, e.g. Bonners, Dolphin Music.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

The YDP151 is an imported and now discontinued model and is becoming increasingly hard to find locally and now also on the internet. Any you get will be reduced significantly from their original rrp. Have you played one before. If not, I'd seriously recommend that you do before trying to buy online for example.

Do a search in Google. Tried myself and found a few websites coming up with reductions, e.g. Bonners, Dolphin Music.
IainMartin

ydp151 is great

Post by IainMartin »

I bought a YDP 151 about a month ago from Gear4Music.com. It arrived 2 days after I ordered it with no hassles. I am really pleased with it as I think it plays great, sounds great and looks great. I can't say how it compares to other digital pianos as it's the first I've bought and I've only ever used real pianos before. For the price it seems like an amazing bargain to me.
Kheijhackt

Re: Yamaha YDP 151

Post by Kheijhackt »

By practicing on yamaha ydp 151, will I be able to adapt quickly when I suddenly play on a real grand piano (public pianos for example)?
chrisw
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: Yamaha YDP 151

Post by chrisw »

Kheijhackt wrote: 01 Aug 2023, 04:44 By practicing on yamaha ydp 151, will I be able to adapt quickly when I suddenly play on a real grand piano (public pianos for example)?
Suggest you try to find out. Lots of people would find a sudden change to be difficult.