Roland RD-150 didn't like white wine

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

Jazzer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Roland RD-150 didn't like white wine

Post by Jazzer »

Whilst playing a gig last night, on my trusty Roland RD-150, someone helpfully gave a me a glass of white wine. She put it on the keyboard (ugh!) just above low C (two octaves below middle C) and, before I could do anything about it, the wine spilt. Now the A below the C, and the B flat and B are either not playing at all or are sounding incredibly loudly. The rumbling bass notes which started immediately (before the notes stopped working) made many faces turn. Goodness what's going on in the action.

Help! Anyone got any advice? I need the keyboard again tonight. It's only 6 years old and I'm not ready to pension it off....
Gambo

White Wine

Post by Gambo »

White wine is very acid and the residue needs to be cleaned from the circuit board under the keys using distilled water - u know the stuff they sell to use in steam irons. In the 80s when I ran a TV studio we used to have all sort of problems with that bubbly white whine that celebs like getting into the equipment. Often the tracks on the board would be corroded away and had to be mended with thin copper wire known as wirewrap wire. In short its a proble and I recommend you anly spill beer and unsweetened coffee in equipment.javascript:emoticon(':D')
Jazzer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jazzer »