Kawai CA9 or Yamaha CLP270

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

beano5892

Kawai CA9 or Yamaha CLP270

Post by beano5892 »

I've decided to buy a digital (having previously played years ago an acoustic) for various reasons but am having problems chosing between makes.

I've played the Clavinova CLP240 which seemed far superior to more expensive Roland HP107 and the Kawai CA5... but I've now read reviews of CLP270 and that looks to be a great alternative, though more pricey.

Pls could someone tell me
1. the real diffs between 270 and 280 - is there really any for an average rusty but good eared pianist used to an acoustic sound and feel?
2. pros cnos of Kawai vs Yam ... went into Sheargold yesterday and they were really pushing the Kawais but didn't know why ... the blurb is baffling me.

If anyone could help/give opinions, I'd be grateful - I know it's personal but there's got to be some difference!

many thanks in advance
jo
PianoGuy
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by PianoGuy »

Go for a CLP280.

Much the same as the 270, but the white keys are wooden and don't suffer the same rate of breakage as the plastic white keys on 99% of digital pianos.

Better still, if you're paying that much money, buy a b1 acoustic. It'll last forever not just for 10 years.
beano5892

Post by beano5892 »

10years? the 280 will only last that long?? thought that they were built to last...
oh well..having had no replies for a week, I went to Chappells and played 270 vs 280 and I've opted for the 280 - picking it up on Friday as I got a good price (£2,200) and thought that it would be a bit more forgiving and fun for young daughter ... if she/I take off then we can get a really nice acoustic in a couple of years!