UK Clavinova in US

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

Gingergirl

UK Clavinova in US

Post by Gingergirl »

Please help!! I have recently relocated to the US taking my clavinova with me. Not surprisingly it doesn't work, but what can I buy to make it do so. I have been told I need a 'step down' converter, but there are so many available on Internet sites I don't know what to do for the best. Eeek!! Anyone out there who can help?
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: UK Clavinova in US

Post by athomik »

If it's a slightly older model (some newer products work on any voltage), you need a "Step Up" transformer to change the 120VAc to 230VAc. To get the power rating, you should be able to find the details on the name plate - somewhere under the keyboard. It will give you a 'Watt' or 'VAC' rating. Add 10%-20% to that figure and get a unit for that rating.
rocklandpiano
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by rocklandpiano »

The CVP Clavinova range offers authentic piano sounds, natural weighted keyboard action and an amazing range of features which allow pianists to explore new and exciting musical options when performing or composing.
With full 88 note weighted keyboards and versatile functions like dynamic accompaniment styles and recording capabilities,
The CVP Clavinova series features a rich piano sound and exceptional keyboard response, putting musical expression at your fingertips.
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

rocklandpiano wrote:The CVP Clavinova range offers authentic piano sounds, natural weighted keyboard action and an amazing range of features which allow pianists to explore new and exciting musical options when performing or composing.
With full 88 note weighted keyboards and versatile functions like dynamic accompaniment styles and recording capabilities,
The CVP Clavinova series features a rich piano sound and exceptional keyboard response, putting musical expression at your fingertips.
You don't just happen to have one or two for sale?

:wink:
joseph
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by joseph »

LOL who is this chap that's posting all the spiel from the Yamaha website?
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

joseph wrote:LOL who is this chap that's posting all the spiel from the Yamaha website?
Nothing to do with me and nobody I know from Yamaha (unless they started hiring again without telling me). Probably a student doing media studies and trying to get a cushy number in advertising. :lol:
rocklandpiano
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by rocklandpiano »

he CVP Clavinova series features a rich piano sound and exceptional keyboard response, putting musical expression at your fingertips. Each model offers hundreds of sounds, exciting accompaniment styles and a range of studio quality effects. Many models in the range include a large full colour display screen and built-in karaoke functions. The Internet Direct Connection (IDC) feature expands music enjoyment into a new world of optional content. CVP Clavinova is the ultimate versitile family instrument.
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by athomik »

rocklandpiano wrote:he CVP Clavinova series features a rich piano sound and exceptional keyboard response, putting musical expression at your fingertips. Each model offers hundreds of sounds, exciting accompaniment styles and a range of studio quality effects. Many models in the range include a large full colour display screen and built-in karaoke functions. The Internet Direct Connection (IDC) feature expands music enjoyment into a new world of optional content. CVP Clavinova is the ultimate versitile family instrument.
rocklandpiano - Troll, weirdo or someone with a Yamaha fetish? :wink: Yamaha may be good, but that's no reason to get obsessed with it.
Peterpilz

Post by Peterpilz »

Just check here: http://klaviererfolg.de/clavinova - ths is a private Homepage with all your Information Clavinova Yamaha CLP and CVP.