AVANTGRAND N1 keyboard

General discussion about digital pianos

Moderator: Feg

AlexSilvestri

AVANTGRAND N1 keyboard

Post by AlexSilvestri »

Hello Everyone

I own an Avantgrand N1, of which I am fairly happy. Sound not magnificent, but certainly good enough for practice, if using good headphones.

However, although the keyboard does have a clear piano feel and allow you to play pretty much anything, it still does not withstand a comparison with the real thing. When I have the chance to play a real baby-grand back home, I cant help immediately thinking how much easier all the technical passages feel.

To be more precise, the keys of the N1 feel somewhat more shallow, making it difficult to maintain relaxation throughout difficult etudes and quick passages. Not to speak about full hand chords and octaves, where the hands dont 'sink' into the keyboard as they do in a real grand piano. I think the reason for this is that in a normal piano the step of the 'doppio scappamento' (let-off in english I think?) comes quite a lot earlier than in my N1. Besides, the resistence is probably a bit stronger. This is clearly demonstrated by the fact that on my N1 I can play octaves 'glissando' with total ease, something which is practically impossible with any other grand I played.

So, the general question is, I bet you have seen this coming for a while now.., is it possible to regulate the keyboard of the Avantgrands, bringing it more toward the feel of a proper grand piano? Has anyone else experienced the same problem with Avantgrands? And who would you ask for help to?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this. Hope someone can help.
ambermollers

Re: AVANTGRAND N1 keyboard

Post by ambermollers »

Where can I purchase this keyboard?
athomik
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Re: AVANTGRAND N1 keyboard

Post by athomik »

All Avant Grand pianos (N1, N2, N3) should comply with standard Yamaha Grand Piano regulation specs. If, after bedding in, there are still problems, any competent piano technician should be able to regulate it, as it is a standard (well, almost)grand piano action.