UK Piano Page Piano Forum
Please read the Piano Forum FAQ for more details. Also, read the piano FAQ for common questions on pianos Please don't ask us to place a value on your piano as an on site inspection is required. Contact you local piano tuner who will be more than happy to help.
- Colin Nicholson
- Executive Poster
- Posts: 1829
- Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 19:15
- Location: Morpeth, Northumberland
Problems with self-teaching are:-
"Books do not ........"
1. correct your mistakes and bad habits
2. allow you to hear rhythms played correctly
3. show you how to maintain a steady tempo
4. explain the 'real time' element and evenness of the beat for the crotchet, minim,
semibreve, dotted notes, quavers etc.....
5. correct poor fingering/ hand positions/ posture & deportment
...... there are many more elements including phrasing, dynamics, legato, staccato, pedalling etc.....
Try it. xxx
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests