UK Piano Page Piano Forum
Piano Forums at UK Piano Page, feel free to read the posts on our piano forums. If you wish to reply to a post or submit a new post you must register first, it's free.
Please read the Piano Forum FAQ for more details. Also, read the piano FAQ for common questions on pianos Please don't ask us to place a value on your piano as an on site inspection is required. Contact you local piano tuner who will be more than happy to help.
- Colin Nicholson
- Executive Poster
- Posts: 1829
- Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 19:15
- Location: Morpeth, Northumberland
Problems with self-teaching are:-
"Books do not ........"
1. correct your mistakes and bad habits
2. allow you to hear rhythms played correctly
3. show you how to maintain a steady tempo
4. explain the 'real time' element and evenness of the beat for the crotchet, minim,
semibreve, dotted notes, quavers etc.....
5. correct poor fingering/ hand positions/ posture & deportment
...... there are many more elements including phrasing, dynamics, legato, staccato, pedalling etc.....
Try it. xxx