Need help with a song

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

one artist

Need help with a song

Post by one artist »

hello, I'm a bit new to playing. I'm using a keyboard. I would like to know if anyone can help me with the chords to this. It doesn't seem complicated. And is basically a keyboard song. But I am having trouble with it.Thank you.
Last edited by one artist on 06 Feb 2011, 23:06, edited 1 time in total.
Colin Nicholson
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Need help with a song

Post by Colin Nicholson »

On the contrary, the music is quite complicated & (sorry for this), a bit weird to listen to.
Not all the chords comply to basic primary & secondary chords - they are there, but very distorted by the synthesiser effects of the keyboard & other notes added. A four-minute song is also quite lengthy to study every chord pattern.

I transcribe music as part of my piano teaching, and in most cases I have to 'rewind - stop - play - rewind - stop - play" the shortest of extracts to get the right melody & harmony. I am also paid GOOD money for this type of work!

If you need any further assistance, please PM me and I can let you know my fees.

(Unless anyone else out there wants to do it?)
AA Piano Tuners UK

Colin Nicholson Dip. Mus. CMIT CLCM PTLLS
Piano tuning & repairs. Full UK restoration service
http://www.aatuners.com
Tuition ~ Accompaniment ~ Weddings
http://www.pianotime1964.com
Member of The Guild of Master Craftsmen
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

The music sounds like one giant set of improvisations thrown together. Patterns in the music are not recurring replicas but instead have their own little idiosyncracies. It just sounds like an elaborate, uncontrolled, wandering improvisation.

You couldn't pay me to transcribe this! :|
one artist

Post by one artist »

Thank you,both, for replying. I guess, it is a complex song, after all.I have been working on a simplified variation of it. Again, thank you for your replies and help.:)