Pudsey Leeds Teachers

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Littleted

Pudsey Leeds Teachers

Post by Littleted »

Hi All ive been wanting to play the Piano for ever and now at 40 i went out and purchased a spangly Roland HPI-7F so that the family could learn as well as me.

Ive started the Alberts book 1 and progressing through, but i need a tutor before i get bad habits

Can anybody reccomend a Tutor in Pudsey Leeds area who does possible home visits, Not that i dont mind travelling but i would like to learn on my own Piano.

Ive searched a few and have some shortlisted, but any advice would be good, Also please feel free to email me tobamory@gmail.com if you have space in your diary for me.

Im an It consultant and are mainly at home, but i do travel so times may need to b flexable now and again when i off somewhere.

Thanks everyone for the help in advance

Rob
Littleted

Re: Pudsey Leeds Teachers

Post by Littleted »

Thanks Dave
Littleted

Post by Littleted »

and how far are you into all this ?

I have this new piano in my basement and i can play jingle bells LOL

Dieing to learn

i have 2 teachers listed, with diff qualifications

One learnt a the Manchester school of Music, the other at the London school of Music. who do i go with. Do you think London would be hard to get into thus she may be more Apt teacher ?
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Qualifications don't necessarily make a good teacher; I've got degrees up the yimg yang but would make a dreadful teacher as I have no patience and don't particularly like children...! If you can find one by recommendation, that would be perfect. But the two diplomas/degrees are probably much of a muchness and show that the teachers have worked hard and attained a high level of playing.
I play for my own amazement... :piano;