Newbie (lesson 4)

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

ZaggerMan78

Newbie (lesson 4)

Post by ZaggerMan78 »

Hi there,

I've just had my 4th lesson and am getting on really well apparently. We're aiming for me to do my grade 1 in the Autumn. I'm a quick learner and am enjoying the lessons so far - even the scales! Was just wondering if anyone could suggest some tips for improving sight reading. Other than that, all is good (not sure my neighbours would agree tho).

How is everyone else getting on with their lessons? Feel free to share your learning tips and any advice is welcome

Thanks for reading :lol:
ZaggerMan78
Gill the Piano

Re: Newbie (lesson 4)

Post by Gill the Piano »

There's a book you can get called 'Improve Your Sightreading' in all the different grades. Can't remember who wrote/composed it. There are probably many others too - go to your local music shop and ask. Also, buy any kids'/beginners' music books in junk/charity shops and use them for sightreading practice.
You are educating your neighbours and introducing them to culture. Probably...:D
I play for my own amazement... :piano;
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

That's the one! Well done, Batman. Have you any more suggestions for him, Dave? I seem to remember Mark giving you some recommendations...?
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

How are you getting on with your playing, Dave? Sounds as though you're going like a good 'un!
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Where?