Grade 2 exam July 9th – OMG

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

StuartAU
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Grade 2 exam July 9th – OMG

Post by StuartAU »

u went straight onto 2?
Where in Essex u from?
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

StuartAU wrote: Dave "the political one" sort them out LMAO
lol sorry Stuart this is all in good humour of course! :wink: :)
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

StuartAU wrote:u went straight onto 2?
Where in Essex u from?
Yep. My very first piano teacher said to me I wont be able to do grade 1 untill December this year! :o but she left and my new teacher I had said you should skip grade one and go stright to preparing for grade 2 8) . I'm from Ilford, I'm not a chav though :mrgreen:.

Where abouts are you from Stuart?
StuartAU
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by StuartAU »

Moonlight wrote:
StuartAU wrote:u went straight onto 2?
Where in Essex u from?
Yep. My very first piano teacher said to me I wont be able to do grade 1 untill December this year! :o but she left and my new teacher I had said you should skip grade one and go stright to preparing for grade 2 8) . I'm from Ilford, I'm not a chav though :mrgreen:.
I asked about skipping grade 1 and my teacher looked at me like she was gonna kill me LOL
Well done"
Oh and as for being from Ilford, you can take the girl out of Ilford but you cant take the Ilford out of a gurl!

Not far from you, just on border of Herts/Essex Waltham Abbey way just up M11, Jnc 25 of the M25 :)
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

Thanks. To be honest I was unsure of skipping the grade, I’m the one that gave my teacher a funny look. Ha I guess I will always be an Essex girl or and Ilford girl! Wow thats not too far from me! Next time me and Dave meet in London you could meet up too if you like. We met up and went to the music shop Chappell and annoyed the sales people in there! ‘ can both of you not play on the pianos at the same time please!’ one of them warned us, we were playing on two piano that were very close to eachother and it wasn’t a duet or a piece for 2 pianos! :lol: :lol:
StuartAU
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by StuartAU »

Lol... was only messing about with the sexism, though girls seem to be better pianist than men from what i see..

Shenley i know fairly well, elstree, southmimms london colney is like 15 mins drive from me..

Wheres this piano shop your on about? i always fear playing on their Keyboards as whilst im shaking playing my mazurka, some 7 year old kid walks up and plays Bach fugue & tocata in D minor standing on his head blindfolded as i slowly slip away lol..

I know Romford/Ilford pretty well too being a Westham Fan waheyyy (no dodgey comments plz) ;)
I will upload my Minuet in G soon, more or less there with it i think :)
StuartAU
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by StuartAU »

East Pork? lost me on that one.. DiCanio was a master and i was truly gutted when he left..

I thought Fascists was members of the UAF Unite or Searchlight lol ie Ken Livingston
StuartAU
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by StuartAU »

Thanks Dave, i wasnt taught any of that at school but only by what i see and hear. but thanks for the run down..
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

StuartAU wrote:though girls seem to be better pianist than men from what i see..
Thats intresting I always thought men had the advantage as they usally have bigger hands then women, so doing the fancy things like really fast octaves etc would be much more eaiser for men. Of course the most beautiful pieces aren’t all thundering octaves and really wide chords, so women with a small stretch aren't missing out on too much :wink: .
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

dave brum wrote: How is your shiny new acoustic piano fund looking??
Ha! its looking rather crap @ £ 00.00 at the moment, I'm still not being paid (only travel ), but am staying on longer at work, if they keep me on I should be having some money by october; then I will be saving up in earnest. Ooooooooh I would kill for a reall piano :twisted:
StuartAU
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by StuartAU »

I just "mentioned" getting a new Piano to my missus (if looks could kill i wouldn tbe typing this)!
Mine is alright but after playing on others there is no comparison. But liek anything, the grass is always greener and ill wanting a Massive Pipe Organ set up in my Lounge lol
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Moonlight wrote:
StuartAU wrote:though girls seem to be better pianist than men from what i see..
Thats intresting I always thought men had the advantage as they usally have bigger hands then women, so doing the fancy things like really fast octaves etc would be much more eaiser for men. Of course the most beautiful pieces aren’t all thundering octaves and really wide chords, so women with a small stretch aren't missing out on too much :wink: .

Most teachers I tune for say that on the whole girls practise more than boys, practise more methodically than boys, and are under less peer group pressure about music being an effeminate pastime! :roll:
I play for my own amazement... :piano;
StuartAU
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by StuartAU »

Sorry Dave, somehow the tick box to notify of a reply seems to undo itself?

Anyway, my Teacher sent me a text & email with screenshot of the results, drove down there and picked it up :)