Aural part of garde 1 Exam

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

gpratley
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Aural part of garde 1 Exam

Post by gpratley »

Hi,

I've borrowed "Aural Time!" Grade 1 from my piano teacher. She wants me to practice some of the elements of the Aural test ready for when I take my Grade 1 in June.

The book is quite old (1992) and I was wondering is the syllabus different now or is it still about the same?

I've got the new version of the sight reading which what got me thinking.

Graham
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: Aural part of garde 1 Exam

Post by markymark »

gpratley wrote:Hi,

I've borrowed "Aural Time!" Grade 1 from my piano teacher. She wants me to practice some of the elements of the Aural test ready for when I take my Grade 1 in June.

The book is quite old (1992) and I was wondering is the syllabus different now or is it still about the same?
Is your teacher not using any of the material from the current syllabus at all?

It could be that she is going into past tests so that when (or if!!) she brings in the up-to-date tests that you won't be going over the same material and simply memorising the answers and pieces.

I know that Trinity Guildhall have changed the content of their aural tests for this new syllabus so I'd recommend you check with your teacher! If you are on ABRSM, I think you can check requirements and contents of tests using the relevant section of the online syllabus.