ABRSM grade one pieces 09 on youtube

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

ABRSM grade one pieces 09 on youtube

Post by Moonlight »

Hey Grade ones! I found some You Tube clips of people playing the grade ABRSM grade one pices.

It may be helpful for us to hear some - but with Caution! it should just be used to let you know what its like, as some of the performances may not be accurate etc.

Vivaldi, 'L'autunno' ( Autumn ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R89MlyHa6yg

Gedike, Kummer :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdJlderSkDE

Post others or better ones if you can find them...( hope this post is allowed! :? )
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

The second one is a bundle of joy - she will end up as a Holiday rep

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

Yeah I agree their timing and tempo were off more then once - my teacher would of told me to play it: 'one more time, please' :wink:

The second girl (playing kummer) actually reminds me of me when I was young! :shock: well she has the same hair cut, and I did act a bit like that when in front of a video camera! :lol:
gpratley
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by gpratley »

Would these both fail their exam for this performance?

I'm due to take my grade 1 this summer and would struggle to play much better (I'm about 30 years older them).

Am I wasting my time?
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

gpratley wrote:Would these both fail their exam for this performance?

I'm due to take my grade 1 this summer and would struggle to play much better (I'm about 30 years older them).

Am I wasting my time?
Hi,

As long as you have a good teacher thats not too soft, and you have regular lessons and try to pratice the pieces every day , I can't see why you can't get up to the level - go for it, forget age.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Re: ABRSM grade one pieces 09 on youtube

Post by markymark »

So when do we get to hear it?
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

Thanks for the link Dave its really useful! :) just what I wanted to find! :wink: .
drZair

Post by drZair »

dave brum wrote:Pukkarooney, as Smithy in Gavin and Stacey would say!!

I wonder if Aaron Zair, the young boy whose dad posted on Youtube jast year playing last years pieces actually passed his Grade 1? I'd be curious to find out. I think his Youtube 'handle' is Doctor Zair, DrZair or something like that.
He ACTUALLY got a distinction and is now doing his grade 4 having completed both grades 2 and 3 in little over a year :idea:
drZair

Post by drZair »

dave brum wrote:Thanks for posting to let me know, drZair. I am so really pleased for Aaron, he's got a fantastic future ahead of him should he choose to follow a career in music. And I suppose he's got loads and loads of online fans as well!
Nah, he's just a regular lad with a good attitude, who doesn't have a chip on his shoulder and applauds success of others...
Mini_mo
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by Mini_mo »

Could I mention that this Youtube guy, who Dave Brum mentioned about has all of the grade 1 2009-2010 plus many other grades on his channel or whatever you want to call it. I think he is quite good? Famous last words... as I am only beginner!

http://www.youtube.com/user/mqbdp