Grade 1 dreaming

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Nutroast
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Grade 1 dreaming

Post by Nutroast »

Well, you never know what 2009 may bring! I rather fancied getting familiar with 3 pieces for the practical exam, I wanted to try Never Vex T-Rex (since I heard so much about it on here), plus Vivaldi Autumn and Schubert's Theme from the Unfinished Symphony.

However.... when I look at the ABRSM site, I can see the Schubert piece as downloadable as an MP3, but the book of sheet music has the other two, but doesn't include dear Franz http://www.abrsmpublishing.com/publications/5517

Where can I buy a copy of this and know it's the same arrangement as would be used for grade 1?

Jan
xx
Moonlight
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Post by Moonlight »

Hi Jan

I think this is what you are after:

Schubert Theme from the Unfinished Symphony. Piano Time Classics, arr. Hall (OUP)

This is the version of it you need to get, don't get any other one or you can't do it for the test! I got this information from my grade 1 pieces book, maybe ask your teacher about it next lesson?

Oh you have chosen a similar list to me! nice :D heres what I'm doing for grade one:

A3: Vivaldi, Autumn
B2: Gedike, Kummer
C2: Paul Drayton, Never Vex a Tyrannosaurus Rex!

I had my lesson today, I have cracked Vivaldi, and am working on Kummer ( grief ) now with her. Its a heavy contrast from the jolly Vivaldi piece. I'm happy with my lessons now so all is ok. My teacher said I have good technique, that is is higher then grade 1 or something so thats a confidence booster! :D

However my weak bit is keeping in time :oops: I like to speed up a lot :roll:
Nutroast
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Nutroast »

Thanks, Anna! I have to remind myself not to play too fast as well. I keep reminding myself that it's like driving a car, don't go too fast for the conditions else you'll crash! :D

Jan
xx
Nutroast
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Nutroast »

Hi Dave,

Yes, it's better so far, but I look like the pic on the side of my post, all ancient and huddled up! I'm wearing fingerless gloves for typing at work :shock: If anyone is doing A Christmas Carol this year, I'll be your perfect Bob Cratchet :P

Jan
xx
Nutroast
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Nutroast »

But, what to do with all those pickled onions????