PIANO TEACHER DVD/VIDEO LESSONS WANTED

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

1man

PIANO TEACHER DVD/VIDEO LESSONS WANTED

Post by 1man »

Hello,
I am looking for a piano teacher who can play traditional 'old style' well known ragtime/barrell house type solo tunes & use the same teaching technique as Shawn Cheek does on www.youtube.com using a step-by-step lesson and put it on a dvd or video.
If you can help or would like to know more please contact me asap.
markymark
Executive Poster
Executive Poster

Post by markymark »

I was checking out his teaching style and it is certainly unique but I can see how visual learners would go for that kind of teaching technique. However, most of what Shawn is teaching seems to be music with regular crochet and minim beats. In the blues syles of which ragtime and barrell are relatives, there is much sycopation, in both hands, that a whiteboard would be utterly cluttered with stuff that is would be nearly impossible to read. This is why most teachers or tuition DVDs will show you what notes they are playing on the piano in order to teach a style or riff.

These music styles are also too "free" to be clinically diagnosed in this way also. These styles depend on a greater knowledge of chords and their relationships to each other so that you can develop an understanding of chord patterns within these styles. I may be mistaken, but Shawn doesn't seem to have anything in these styles on his website either. Maybe that's the reason. Have you asked him? As I said, this teaching style is very unique - I have never come across this before anywhere else - and as such will be special and most comfortable to Shawn. Personally, I couldn't teach that way.
Yobler.com

Post by Yobler.com »

If you are interested on posting your video lessons on various subjects I have a small website where you can upload video lessons and earn money for yourself. This program allows you to insert third-party ads within video clips shown on our website. For this program to work a user only needs an account with the major Affiliate Networks ( Click Bank, Commission Junction) and he is ready to earn money for himself. I can provide you with the URL if you wish to send me a private message.