teacher recomendation

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

ronpaul

teacher recomendation

Post by ronpaul »

I am now retired nad have returned to the piano after many years. I have been studing OK by myself for about a year but now feel it would help if I had advice from a teacher

Any recomendations, I live in Sutton Surrey
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Try asking at your local music shop, or try the Incorporated Society of Musicians, who probably have a website you can look on. They have a recommended scale of fees which is to the high end of what people usually pay, but you can be sure that the teachers are well-qualified. The UK Piano Page has a section on teachers, as well. It's always worth asking around, as a recommendation is often better than just plucking a name at random from a telephone book or something;piano lessons are one-to-one, obviously, and it's very important that you 'click' with your teacher. Have fun!
richarddale
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by richarddale »

I would very much recommend Anthony Meek 07796587081 who has taught me piano playing and composition over the past 15 months or so. He can teach different styles of playing, improvisation and composition/theory as well as conventional classical tuition.
He lives in Liphook Hants which is about 40 miles away from you, he would be prepared to travel to your house. I live in Sussex a similar distance away, for convenience I have a 2 hour lesson every month which is a very good arrangement.
It took a long time for me to locate somebody who is able to provide all round music tuition. He will be able to tailor a program for your needs. Please mention my name if you decide to contact him.
Richard Dale