piano teacher rates?

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

spicer piano girl

piano teacher rates?

Post by spicer piano girl »

Im currently looking for a paino teacher for myself. I have found one local but its £12 per half hour,once a week, does this seem reasonable? I didnt think 30mins once a weeks was much for a beginner to learn to play and read music?
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

If you think what you pay a hairdresser or plumber or anyone who took a couple of years to learn the basics of their craft, it's cheap!!
As for frequency of lessons, you wouldn't cope with more than half an hour if you're a beginner - there's only so much that a) you can be taught, and b) you can take in. The older you are, the more that applies!
So twelve qid seems reasonable and half an hour is realistic! You can always have a longer lesson once you get into the swing of things - wait and see how you get on and what the teacher thinks.
TonyG
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by TonyG »

Gill the Piano wrote:If you think what you pay a hairdresser or plumber or anyone who took a couple of years to learn the basics of their craft, it's cheap!!
As for frequency of lessons, you wouldn't cope with more than half an hour if you're a beginner - there's only so much that a) you can be taught, and b) you can take in. The older you are, the more that applies!
So twelve qid seems reasonable and half an hour is realistic! You can always have a longer lesson once you get into the swing of things - wait and see how you get on and what the teacher thinks.
Seconded and approved entirely! :P