Teaching Piano

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Kitty

Teaching Piano

Post by Kitty »

hi everyone,
i have started teaching this week,i would love to find out what the Syllabus are for grades 1 to 9 for the central Academy of london. i have looked up their website but their links for each grade dont seem to work,i would be grateful if someone could let me know.

thanks,
Kitty
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Central Academy is a new one on me; the best ones to use are; The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (which most people use); The Guildhall, which I believe has now merged with the Trinity College of Music; The London College of Music.
Which board did you do your own exams with? That would be the best one to use, as you'd be familiar with their methods and requirements.
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

I did grades 3,4 and 5 with the central academy of music london and grades 6,7 and 8 with the royal irish academy of music.
i just wanted to know if the syllabus is the same since i had done it. As far as i can remember the music teacher that i had for the central academy exams told me before that the pieces never change from year to year, whereas the royal irish academy's syllabsus changes each year. i think it would be esier for me to teach the central academy exams.
i should prob write to the academy itself, but i've emailed them twice already!

thanks for your reply,