piano music

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

blueberry

piano music

Post by blueberry »

Hi. Im just writing about that memorizing piano music thing. Im 14 years old and live in australia, i really love piano music, especially classic. But i dont know anything at all about piano music notes. Anyway, i have listened to alot of great music played on pianos, most of the time i dont even know the name of the person playing the music. One day i was at my friends house, and she had a piano, im not sure what type it was though. i sat down and remembered a great tune i had heard before, and then i pressed every key to see what sound they made, then i played the same tune i heard earlier, i dont know if every single key was exact, but my friends mum is a great piano player and teacher, and she asked me if i had ever played the paino before beacause i was really good. I was just wondering if it means that im just a memory player or if i have a natural gift?? thanks. :wink:
Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Geminoz »

sounds like you have a natural ear for music...and playing by ear can be a lot of fun, but it's even better when you can learn to play from music, so why not have some lessons and discover just how good you could be. :) If your friend's mum is a piano teacher, maybe she could get you started.