Plans for UK schools to affect private piano teachers???

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

Piano tuners are finding getting access to school much harder with all the after school clubs, primary school tend to use the hall a lot after school myself I am now starting to drop school’s from my books that are not accommodating with other times not that I have a lot about 65

Barrie,
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

It's hard getting into homes after school as well; they can't do Monday because Marcus has Moneylaundering, Tuesday's out because Tarquin has Taxidermy...I'm also getting piano teachers complaining because the poor little s*ds are exhausted when they come for their lessons and consequently learn very little. And the mums might as well put a 'Taxi' sign on the roof of the 4x4... :lol: At least they're still learning something that doesn't involve a poxy computer or telly!
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

A piano has a keyboard :twisted:
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

Did I ever tell you about the little oik doing a survey outside Dixons? He wanted to ask me about my computer, and at the time I didn't have (or want) one, and told him so.
"You don't have any keyboard skills, then?" the oik said, innocently.
"LISTEN, SONNY, I'VE PLAYED THE PIANO FOR NEARLY FORTY YEARS; DONT YOU EVER TELL ME I'VE NO KEBOARD SKILLS!" I roared, and it wasn't until I got halfway home that it dawned on me what the poor little s*d had meant... :oops: If he's reading this, I'm very sorry...
Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Geminoz »

ummmmm...uhhhhhhh....ummmmmmmm.....what's a little oik????? :? :?... old irish king???....obese ignorant kid????....objectionable insane kalaidescope??....odd italic keyboard... :? :?
Gill the Piano

Post by Gill the Piano »

It's male, about seventeen with an adam's apple protruding approximately level with chin, spotty and even when it's forbidden by uniform/dress codes from wearing a baseball cap you know it would want to be wearing one - preferably backwards, which as we all know drains all intelligence from the brain, presupposing there was any there to start with. :roll: Originally used as a term for new National Service recruits in the RAF in the late 1940's/early '50's.
Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

Post by Geminoz »

Thank you for the clarification....I was born and raised in England in that era and have no recollection of the term...guess I was a tad too young.. :wink: