blues piano

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

ricenpeas

blues piano

Post by ricenpeas »

hello all
i have only recently started playing the piano my goal/dream is to play blues piano how is the best why to go about it
thank
Geminoz
Persistent Poster
Persistent Poster

blues piano

Post by Geminoz »

I would think the best way to go about it is to find someone who can teach you what you want to play...and then practice...practice.....practice.... :lol:
jazzman
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by jazzman »

I teach Blues/Jazz. Im in Surrey. dan_cpt340hotmail.com
ricenpeas

cheers

Post by ricenpeas »

thanks for your replies unfortunately in live in yorkshire iam currently playing more classical piano is thisa good basis for any piano style
jazzman
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Post by jazzman »

Jazz is very different to Classical. If you play CLassical you'll have damn fast fingers perhaps, but no idea of the jazz theory. it takes a long time to study it and you'll be surprised what the jazz world have to offer.

You wont have any music to read either. My passion is Jazz, my life is Jazz and my fingers are jazz..along with my ears and heart, which is why i share it with others. Take it from me, that classical will only give you a better start coz you know major scales, and good fingers, because you can learn a lot of jazz just by knowing major scales.

Exciting adventure with the correct teacher.

Dan
ricenpeas

cheers

Post by ricenpeas »

thanks jazzman for tour advice do you know any sites where you can obtain blues sheet music just to simply have a go see how it feels i watched the blues piano program on bbc4 the music was fantastic

colin
leongmingyu

Post by leongmingyu »

When I was studying the piano, my piano teacher told me that when I've mastered classical, jazz & improvisation will be a as easy as 1-2-3. It proved to be somewhat true, if you've not been blindly memorising/ deaf to what you've been playing in classical.

Jazz has its own forms etc.,.. but having done classical, gave me a good foundation I felt, and the differences weren't hard to negotiate.