UK Piano Page Piano Forum
Piano Forums at UK Piano Page, feel free to read the posts on our piano forums. If you wish to reply to a post or submit a new post you must register first, it's free.
Please read the Piano Forum FAQ for more details. Also, read the piano FAQ for common questions on pianos Please don't ask us to place a value on your piano as an on site inspection is required. Contact you local piano tuner who will be more than happy to help.
I'm planning to buy a 'how to play the piano' guide. Is it possible to learn how to play the piano by myself through this guide?
- Colin Nicholson
- Executive Poster
- Posts: 1829
- Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 19:15
- Location: Morpeth, Northumberland
1. Correct or amend bad habits (i.e. using wrong fingers)
2. Correct or amend note value/ rhythm / individual note mistakes
3. Count aloud and play correctly at a steady tempo
4. Posture/ body/ hand and wrist deportment
5. How to practise properly / correct application for legato playing / pedalling techniques
6. Understanding clefs/ staves/ pitch/ time & key signatures...... and much more
Many self-taught pianists are riddled with mistakes throughout their playing, because no teacher is there to put right mistakes - so much so - it affects their ability to play coherently, they eventually cannot be taught properly due to so many bad habits.
Best to start lessons with a teacher, then learn-as-you-go using your book.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests