Quick update

Questions on learning to play the piano, and piano music.

Moderators: Feg, Gill the Piano

filsgreen
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Quick update

Post by filsgreen »

Good morning all, thought I would check in with an update. Things haven't gone as planned but not bad over all. I started my Aaron level 2 and I got bored playing the pieces, so Jay my teacher suggested learning standards. Unfortunately, I tried playing an easy version of Bridge over troubled waters, it proved once more you have to learn to crawl before you can walk. Because I had reached my pianoversary; Jay suggested that I began learning the ABRSM pieces. So here I am learning Lovetfaller, Arietta and expecting Specimen Aural Tests, Grades 1-3 with 2 CDs and Piano Specimen Sight-Reading Tests, Grade 2 though the letter box today. Jay suggested using the grade 2 sight reading tests as when I do grade ; he said it would be much easier.

I like my Kawai CA65, but I'm hankering after an acoustic, I made the mistake of not researching my purchase thoroughly and not realising that I could have had an acoustic in the spare bedroom. I'm hoping to be able to afford one at the end of the year, although I will take a big hit on the DP because they have introduced the CA67. :( Anyway, I hope everyone is well and I'll put this forum on my favourites list so I don't leave it so long before I next check in.

Phil
Gill the Piano

Re: Quick update

Post by Gill the Piano »

It's so good that you're making progress - and considering a real piano too! A good teacher can make such a difference to lessons and your attitude to them. Well done! :piano;
I play for my own amazement... :piano;