Yamaha NP-31

Have you tried or bought a digital or stage piano recently? Post your review here!

Moderator: Feg

breakup
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Yamaha NP-31

Post by breakup »

I have a Baldwin model R in my living room and my granddaughter (age 5) has expressed an interest in learning to play. So when she came out we would have a "lesson" where she mostly just made up her own songs. At one point she said that if she had a piano at her house she could practice more, so I bought this on for her to use.

It's relatively inexpensive new, it only has 77 keys but for the granddaughter I felt that was enough to learn on. It's touch sensitive, one of my basic requirements, but the volume does not vary as much in response to the force of striking the keys as a real piano. Also there is a big difference in the feel of the keys from the front to the back of the key, it seems to be harder to strike the keys toward the back of the keys. It does have a nice sound and for an inexpensive keyboard, it is quite adequate.
Svitlana
Junior Poster
Junior Poster

Re: Yamaha NP-31

Post by Svitlana »

Thank you for your recommendation. My sister now stand before a similar dilemma. Only with her daughter
Barrie Heaton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Barrie Heaton »

thienlyma90 wrote: 25 Apr 2017, 12:00 Can anyone tell me is it suitable for beginners? I have two options; one of them is yamaha np31 and the other one is casio px 150. This will be my first time so I neend suggestion I am confused.
As they are not touch weighted no if you are going to buy a Keyboard to learn Piano on you need touch weighted keys so it feels like a real piano

Barrie
Barrie Heaton
Web Master UK Piano Page
Principiante

Post by Principiante »

For my yamaha is an excellent brand, I had a Yamaha NP-31 piano and I really enjoyed it a lot.
It was an excellent piano for beginners. Now I have been playing with a NP32 the new model, and is very good as well.
You can easily find the Yamaha NP31-32 for $300 or less, and for that amount of money you’ll be getting a pretty decent digital piano.
I like this review for Yamaha NP-32 digital piano (in spanish, sorry but it is mi mother tongue)
I hope enjoy
Stella365

Post by Stella365 »

YAMAHA NP-31 is perfect for beginners. Speaking from my own experience.
jazzijazzi

Post by jazzijazzi »

Yamaha p45 is a also a good option
jazzijazzi

Post by jazzijazzi »

hi

I prefer Digital Pianos with some weight at keys. There is the Thomann brand. Check this review of the Thomann SP 320. It cost around 200 €

Hope it helps